Thursday 10 June 2010

Touch The Sky

Well my GCSEs are actually going quite well, despite feeling ill in one exam and my calculator not working in another in which a calculator was necessary. Anyway, these excuses are pointless because they can never be utilised.
Overall, though, I'm happy with how they are going.
But to judge somebody's ability and knowledge in such a broad subject as, for example, History, based on one or two short sittings is ridiculous, and yet that is how most of the world operates; with an education system powered by exams.
The system is almost a filter. The establishment picks the young people that appear to be suitable for society and presents them with an opportunity to work for the establishment. The present day is a dystopia.
Even though the whole concept is disgusting, I play the game...
Let's see if I can touch the fucking sky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude its Sam :)
Bare sick blog ting
Whats it on man?

Al Miles said...

Good writings my man

Johk said...

Thanks :)

and what's it on? as in what site?